International Pupils

International pupils are an important part of our community, and we are home to around 100 international pupils from 27 different countries each year. Pupils can board with us from the age of seven years old through until their GCSE’s, and then for their A Levels in Years 12 and 13.


Our Prep School has its own boarding house, Grimwade House, for pupils in Years 3-8. When moving into the Senior School, boarding pupils reside in one of four single-sex boarding houses.

Find out more

Visit Us

Our International Admissions Officer is here to help you and your child through the process of applying to the College. We encourage families to visit us in person, if they can, or for those overseas we are able to offer a virtual visit.

Arrange a visit

How to Apply

We know what a big decision choosing a school for your child is, particularly when it’s overseas. We have outlined what the typical milestones might be in this process but understand that each family’s journey may be different. Please therefore do not hesitate to ask us any questions you may have that will help with your decision.

View our admissions process

We are an academically selective school, and all pupils will take part in our entry assessments. Assessments can be sat whilst overseas at a British Council Office, at the applicant’s current school (if an international school), or at an approved agent’s office.

English for Speakers of Other Languages

English Level

English Support

Child Student Visa Sponsorship

International pupils who require a visa to study in the UK can apply for a Child Student visa with our sponsorship. We sponsor pupils who are boarding with us full-time. Our International Admissions Officer supports families through the visa application and the required documents.

Whilst we welcome applications direct from parents, selecting the right boarding school from a distance can be a challenge. We work with partner agents in many different countries, which often helps to make the process for families as smooth and easy as possible.

Apply Now View our international prospectus


To ensure your child is supported whilst in the UK, we require them to have an appropriate guardian. Guardians can help with their pastoral care including holiday pick up and drop off, when they are unable to attend school through sickness or injury and with parents evening.

We ask that the guardian is resident in the UK and lives within 40 miles of Bishop’s Stortford. You should be confident in the guardian you choose, and we ask that they are an AEGIS or BSA accredited guardianship organisation. For a full list of guardians please see the respective websites: AEGIS (Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students) or BSA (Boarding Schools Association).