The Governing Body is responsible for all three sections of the College; the Senior School, the Prep School and the Pre-Prep. The names of the Governors and the Committees in which they serve are:
- Mr G E Baker, BSc, MRICS (Chairman) * # + **
- Mrs I M Pearman, MA, MRICS (Vice-Chairman) * + **
- Mr D Alexander +
- Mrs M Goitiandia, BSc, MBA, FCIPD #
- Dr P J Hargrave, BSc, PhD, FREng * + #
- Mrs P Mullender, MA # *
- Mr D F Thomson, BAcc, CA * + **
Representative Governors Appointed by the Council
- Mr A J W Conti, BEng, FCA (Parent Representative) *
- Mr R C V Harrison, BCom, ACA (United Reformed Church Representative) * **
- Mr C P Solway, BSc, MRICS (Baptist Union Representative) +
- Dr S Nurbhai, MB ChB, MRCP(UK) #
- Mr P Dodd, BSc #
- Professor G Barker, CBW, FBA, FSA, FRGS #
* Member of the Finance Committee
# Member of the Education Committee
+ Member of the Estates Committee
** Member of the Development Committee
The elected Governors are appointed at a meeting of the Governing Council on the basis of nominations put forward by the Nominations Committee, or, any existing Member of the Governing Council, after due consideration of their eligibility, personal competence, specialist skills and local availability.
New Governors are inducted into the workings of the Charity and its school, including the Policy and Procedures of the Governing Council and its committees by a series of meetings with the Chairman of Governors and the Clerk to the Governing Council. External courses are also made available to incoming Governors as part of their induction process.
If you would like to contact the Chair of Governors by post, he can be reached at
10 Maze Green Road, Bishop's Stortford, CM23 2PJ.
The Governors can be contacted by email at
The quality of governance is excellent.
ISI Inspection 2011
…highly effective strategic vision has successfully promoted a sharp rise in the standards for teaching and learning, enabling the College’s aims to be met even more successfully.