Old Stortfordian Society
Welcome from Kate Coysten, President 2017-19
A warm welcome to The Old Stortfordian section of the College website, which will take you on a tour of what the Old Stortfordian Society can offer you, how we are set up, and a careers section which we hope will be the precursor to OS members offering careers advice and help to school pupils and recent leavers.
We aim to help members get together by arranging social and sporting events, and in so doing, keep OS informed of the progress of our old school.
I look forward to meeting you during my term as President, and also that, in the meantime, you enjoy some of the events we are arranging.
With best wishes
The more that our members engage with the Society the stronger and more dynamic that it will become so please find below a number of ways that you can get involved with the Old Stortfordian Society:
- Join other OS at upcoming social events and support OS teams at OS vs College sporting fixtures.
- Contact us with any changed details: address, email, career, births, deaths or marriages.
- Find us on Facebook ‘ The Old Stortfordian Society’ to keep up to date with news, events and photographs or join us on the professional networking site www.linkedIn.com. Search for The Old Stortfordian Society and improve your contacts with those in your industry sector. Follow us on Twitter @oldstortfordian
- Pledge to offer careers advice to current pupils or those OS just starting out in their careers. This could be in the form of mentoring, giving a talk or Q & A session at the school or offering work experience or an internship within your industry.
- Help us research your year group and missing members – we have lots of gaps that we need to fill in!
- Notify the OS office of ideas for the development of the organisation or of news and events in your lives and we can update the wider OS through OS News or our Facebook page.
- Organise an informal event for your contemporaries and friends – let us know it is happening and if we can assist in the organisation of the event in any way.
- Become a regional co-ordinator for the OS Society and help the OS office to keep in touch and organise events at a local level.
OS Benevolent Fund
The Old Stortfordian Benevolent Fund was established by Deed in 1948. The funds may be used as the Trustees think fit for any of the following purposes:
(i) The assistance or benefit of any of the following persons whom the Trustees shall, in their absolute discretion, consider to be in need and deserving of assistance out of the Fund by reason of poverty or illness (whether mental or physical), physical injury or other misfortune, that is to say:
(a) any Old Stortfordian
(b) the wife or widow or any child or children of any Old Stortfordian and
(c) any person or persons whom the Trustees believe to be wholly or mainly dependent on any Old Stortfordian or to have been so dependent on any Old Stortfordian at the time of his/her death.
(ii) the education or maintenance at the College of any boy/girl whom the Trustees may, in their absolute discretion, consider suitable to be educated at the College and by reason of the insufficiency or any other means available for his/her education or maintenance or otherwise for the benefit of any such boy/girl during such period (including holidays) as he/she may be entered (whether as a border or a day boy/girl) at the College.
If you think you or you know of someone who might qualify or benefit from the Fund, please contact the Trustees c/o Richard Price or call on 01279 657675.