Old Stortfordian Society
Welcome from Alastair Lukies CBE, President 2019-21
A warm welcome to The Old Stortfordian section of the College website, which will take you on a tour of what the Old Stortfordian Society can offer you, how we are set up, and a careers section which we hope will be the precursor to OS members offering careers advice and help to school pupils and recent leavers.
We aim to help members get together by arranging social and sporting events, and in so doing, keep OS informed of the progress of our old school.
I look forward to meeting you during my term as President, and also that, in the meantime, you enjoy some of the events we are arranging.
With best wishes
Alastair D. Lukies CBE (GH,AH, 80-90)
The more that our members engage with the Society the stronger and more dynamic that it will become so please find below a number of ways that you can get involved with the Old Stortfordian Society:
- Join other OS at upcoming social events and support OS teams at OS vs College sporting fixtures.
- Contact us with any changed details: address, email, career, births, deaths or marriages.
- Find us on Facebook ‘ The Old Stortfordian Society’ to keep up to date with news, events and photographs or join us on the professional networking site www.linkedIn.com. Search for The Old Stortfordian Society and improve your contacts with those in your industry sector. Follow us on Twitter @oldstortfordian
- Pledge to offer careers advice to current pupils or those OS just starting out in their careers. This could be in the form of mentoring, giving a talk or Q & A session at the school or offering work experience or an internship within your industry.
- Help us research your year group and missing members – we have lots of gaps that we need to fill in!
- Notify the OS office of ideas for the development of the organisation or of news and events in your lives and we can update the wider OS through OS News or our Facebook page.
- Organise an informal event for your contemporaries and friends – let us know it is happening and if we can assist in the organisation of the event in any way.
- Become a regional co-ordinator for the OS Society and help the OS office to keep in touch and organise events at a local level.